Print version ISSN 1413-0394
Aletheia is a semiannual yearly journal edited by the Psychology course and by the postgraduate program in Health Promotion of the Lutheran University of Brazil, which purpose is to publish papers in Psychology, Health romotion, Human Development, public Policy, Environment, Society and related sciences. Only unpublished papers will be accepted into these categories: original articles, review/update articles, professional experiences reports, brief communications and book reviews.
Original articles: empirical research reports with scientific methodology.
Review articles/ Update articles: systematic and update reviews about relevant
Professional experiences reports: case reports with discussion of its conceptual or therapeutic implications; description of intervention procedures or strategies of psychology practitioners’ interest.
Brief communications: brief reports of professional experiences or preliminary communications of original character.
Book review: critical review of recently published books that may be of interest to psychology.
Ethical aspects: All the articles involving research with human subjects must state that individuals included in these studies gave a Written Informed Consent, according to the national and international ethical regulations. In case of research with animals, authors must confirm that the study was done in accordance with the ethical care standards for the animals involved in the research. The authors are also requested to state in the “Methods” section that the research protocol was previously approved by a Research Ethics Board.
Disclosures: The authors are requested to disclose all possible kinds of conflict of interest (professionals, financials, direct or indirect benefits), if the case. The failure to disclose properly can lead to publication refusal or cancellation.
1. Only unpublished works will be accepted.
2. The articles will be evaluated by the Editors.
3. After initial evaluation, the Editors will send the submitted papers to the
Editorial Board, which will be helped, whenever necessary, by ad hoc consultants
of recognized expertise in the knowledge area. The Editorial Board and ad hoc
consultants will analyze the manuscript, suggest modifications, and recommend or
not its publication.
4. The papers may be: a) fully accepted; b) accepted with modifications; c) fully
refused. In any of the situations the author will be properly communicated. The originals
will not be returned in any case.
5. The authors will received a copy of the consultants’ analysis and will be informed about recommended modifications.
6. The Editors have the right to make small modifications in the text.
7. The final decision of publication of a manuscript will always be of the Editor and of the editorial board in charge. They will take into consideration the original text, the consultant’s recommendations and the modified version of the article.
8. Articles may be submitted in other languages besides Portuguese (Spanish and English).
9. The opinions emitted in the articles are full responsibility of author(s), and its acceptance does not mean that Aletheia supports it.
10. Total or partial reproduction can be made only after permission of the Editor. Aletheia owns the copyrights and will not transfer them to authors.
Presentation of manuscripts
1) The unpublished articles must be sent through the website www.periodicos.ulbra. br/index.php/aletheia/index typed in double space, Times New Roman letter, size 12, numbered since the title page. The sheet must be A4, with inferior and superior margins of 2,5 cm, and right and left margins of 3 cm. The journal follows the rules of Manual of Publication of American Psychological Association - APA (5th edition, 2001).
2) The maximum number of pages should be as follow:
3) The manuscript should contain:
4) Papers with incomplete documentation or that do not attend the norms adopted
by Aletheia (APA, 4th edition) will not be appraised.
- The non bibliographical notes must be put in the lower margin of pages, arranged by Arabic numerals that must appear immediately after the segment of text to which the note refers to.
- The authors’ citations must be done in agreement with norms of APA (4th edition).
- In the case of full citation of a text: it must be delimited by quotation mark and the author’s citation followed by the year and number of page mentioned. A literal citation with 40 or more words must be presented in proper block and in italic without quotation mark, starting a new line, with pullback of 5 spaces of margin, in the same position of a new paragraph. The letter will be the same used in the remaining of text (Times New Roman, 12).
The bibliographical references must be presented at the end of article. Its disposition must be in alphabetical order of the last name of author in small letter.
Chapter of book
Article of scientific journal
Articles in electronic means
Article scientific journal in press
Work presented in congress
Thesis or published dissertation Silva, A. (2000). Genital knowledge and sexual constancy in pre-school children. Master dissertation or doctorate thesis. Program of Graduate Studies in Psychology of Development, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul. Porto Alegre, RS.
Thesis or non-published dissertation
Old work reedited in posterior date
Address for submissions
Universidade Luterana do Brasil
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
Todo conteúdo do periódico, exceto onde está identificado, está licenciado sob uma Licença Creative Commons
Univesidade Luterana do Brasil
Universidade Luterana do Brasil
Curso de Psicologia
Programa de Pós-Graduação em Promoção da Saúde
Av. Farroupilha, 8001 - Prédio 01
92425-900 Canoas - RS - Brasil
Tel.: +55-51 3462-9568