Manuscript Submission Guidelines
1. Actualidades en Psicología is an annual publication of the Psychological Research Institute
at the University of Costa Rica. Actualidades en Psicología promotes scientific works in all
4. Author will provide electronic versions of the manuscript via e-mail. Manuscripts should
be submitted in a single block (titles and subtitles without bold or any special font) in
Microsoft Word (*.doc, *.docx) or OpenOffice Writer (*.odt). Empirical studies, as well as
6. Working title and complete title (in original and English languages) should be provided en the first page. In the second page, authors will present an "Abstract" in both English and the original language of the paper. Abstracts should not exceed 150 words, each one, and should be accompanied by 3 to 5 keywords. Abstract structure is as follows: purpose, methods, results and conclusions.
7. Regarding structure, format, style, references and list of references, manuscripts
should be prepared according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological
8. Manuscripts are examined in a double-blind peer review evaluation process, involving
national and international peers. The Editor will communicate the editorial decisions to
the authors as soon as possible. The Editor of the journal can reject any manuscripts that
Editorial decisions are autonomous and cannot be appealed. Editorial decisions are reserved to the journal Actualidades en Psicología, to its Editor and its Editorial Board.
9. Printing and reproduction rights are granted to the editor.
10. Retirement of an article is requested in writing and will be performed only after the editorial decision has been communicated to the authors.Information not available yet. Please come back soon, or visit the journal's Spanish version.Manuscript Submission Guidelines
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
© 2007 Universidad de Costa Rica. Instituto de investigaciones psicológicas
Teléfono: 00 506 207 5073
Fax: 00 506 207 5636