The Periodical’s mission
Psicologia em Revista, periodical of the Institute of Psychology of the Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Minas Gerais (PUC Minas), is open to the various theoretical trends and practices, classical or new, in the area of Psychology. Issued every three months, Picologia em Revista publishes in Portuguese and Spanish. Texts in other languages, IF accepted, must be translated into Portuguese.
• It works as a connection between the scientific community members,
reflecting its plurality and promoting interlocution with other areas of knowledge within the scope of humanities and social sciences.
• It publicizes scientific works that will contribute to the advancement
of Psychology, emphasizing the diversity of the authors’ institutional affiliation and theoretical and methodological perspectives, as well as a critical view of reality.
It aims at reaching the highest possible number of people interested in its focus: investigators and professionals of Psychology and related areas, from the academia or not, as well as Brazilian and foreign undergraduate and graduate students in any field.
Kinds of accepted contributions
The periodical has two large sections:
1 - The section of articles, which comprises research reports, literature reviews, theoretical studies and professional experience reports (minimum of 15 and maximum of 25 pages, including the front page).
2 - An open section, which welcomes the following categories:
• Foreign authors’ articles or similar texts, already published abroad but not in Portuguese (minimum 15 and maximum 25 pages);
• Reviews of national or foreign publications, as well as thesis or dissertation abstracts (maximum 3 pages);
• Lectures given in relevant events (maximum of 10 pages)
• Other contributions (maximum 4 pages) of interest to the academic community, related to scientific events, as well as to technical, scientific and social issues relevant to the field of psychology, interviews etc.