Print version ISSN 1413-8271
Types of collaboration accepted by the journal Psico-USF
Original papers related to psychology in the following categories:
1. Research report: investigation based
on empirical data, using a scientific method. Limited to 20-25 pages, including summary, abstract,
figures, tables, and bibliographical references.
1. Selective process. Manuscripts conforming to Categories 1 - 9 above will be evaluated on the basis of originality, thematic relevance, and methodological quality, as well as adequacy in relation to the editorial norms adopted by the journal. A manuscript will be accepted for analysis with the assumption that a) all authors are in agreement with the submission of the manuscript for publication in the journal Psico-USF, and b) any person cited as the source of personal communication agrees with that citation.
2. Original material: The contents of manuscripts submitted for publication in Psico-USF cannot have been published elsewhere, nor submitted for publication in any other journal. The contents and statements contained in all papers are the sole responsibility of the author(s).
3. Editorial review. The papers submitted for publication will be evaluated by the Editorial Board, which will consult ad hoc reviewers. There are three kinds of response: a) unconditional acceptance, b) acceptance subject to revision, and c) rejection. Authors are normally notified of the acceptance or rejection of their manuscripts within three months of the date of receipt. Even if they are rejected, the originals will not be returned.
The linguistic review of the manuscript will be undertaken by the Editorial Board of the journal. If substantial changes are necessary author(s) wil be given a month to make the requested changes.
4. Copyright: The copyright of published articles belongs to the journal Psico-USF. The reproduction of these articles in other publications or for any use requires the written authorization of the editor of Psico-USF. Those individuals interested in partial reproduction of the articles in the journal (quotations exceeding 500 words, as well as figures, tables, or other illustrations) should obtain written permission from the author(s) or copyright owner. Manuscripts containing reproductions of parts of other publications should respect limits of the original source to guarantee the originality of the paper submitted. It is recommended that the reproduction of figures, tables, and drawings extracted from other publications be avoided but, if this is not possible, should be accompanied by written permission. Under no circumstances can publication rights be granted to others without the written agreement of both the editor of Psico-USF and the authors.
Papers in Portuguese, Spanish and English are accepted.
Independent of the number of authors of a text, three copies of the journal will be supplied.
Information about the author(s): include a brief description (30-40words) about the present work of the author(s) and their education.
Manuscripts should be sent to the editors of Psico-UFS at the following address:
Include 1) a letter requesting publication of the paper in Psico-UFS, 2) three hard copies of the manuscript (fax not accepted), 3) a digital copy in an authorized format on a floppy disk labeled with the name of the file containing the article.
Letter requesting publication: Any manuscript submitted to the journal should be accompanied by a letter signed by all of the authors informing the journal that the manuscript is being submitted or resubmitted for publication. Submission of revised manuscripts should follow the same process as for initial submissions, with 3 hard copies and a digital version.
Ethical aspects: In the letter, the author(s) should guarantee that all participants in the study have given informed consent and that their privacy has been respected. It should also include the information that the work was approved by the ethics committee of the institution of the author(s).
Form of presentation
Manuscripts in Portuguese, Spanish and English are accepted.
Manuscripts should follow the following format:
1. Cover page, without author
identification, containing only the following
2. Cover page with identification,
3. Page with summary in Portuguese or
4. Page containing abstract in English,
comparable in content to the text of the summary
5. Text structure
The references should start a new page. Use double space and do not leave a blank space between the individual entries. All references should be listed in alphabetical order by the author's last name, and this should not be replaced by underlining for multiple entries by the same author. The references should follow the orientation of the American Psychological Association Publication Manual, as the examples below.
Texts with more than one author:
Two authors: include both last names
whenever referring to the work in the text, separated by & (as in the example below), and accompanied by
the date of publication between parentheses.
Article from a scientific journal
Article from a scientific journal in press
Chapter of book
Paper presented in a congress, but not
Trabalho apresentado no I Congresso de Pesquisa e Extensão e IV Encontro de Iniciação Científica, Bragança Paulista, SP.
Paper presented in a congress, with the
abstract/summary published in the Annals
Unpublished theses or dissertations
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscription]
© 2009 Universidade São Francisco
Avenida São Francisco de Assis, 218
Caixa Postal 163
CEP 12916-900 Bragança Paulista - SP
Tel.: +55 11 7844-8443
Fax: +55 11 7844-1825